Bexley Women’s Aid provides a variety of services in the community to support women and children affected by domestic abuse.
Support groups and one to one advice available for women in the community to help them deal with the effects of domestic abuse. Specialising in Resettlement ,EEA and No Recourse.
New Group to commence soon, please call our helpline for more details.
PACT – Positive Assertiveness and Confidence Training Group
This training for women is provided by BWA. The group is for those women who have experienced or who are experiencing domestic abuse and live in the Borough of Bexley. The Assertiveness course and the Confidence course run for six weeks each. Term time only from 10 am – 12 noon on Tuesdays. Crèche is provided on site.
The Freedom Programme runs for 12 consecutive weeks (term time only). This free programme is for any woman who wishes to learn more about the reality of domestic violence and abuse.
The programme aims to:
- help women understand the beliefs held by abusive men and in so doing, recognise which of these beliefs they have shared
- illustrate the effects of domestic violence on children
- assist women in recognising potential future abusers
- help women gain self-esteem and the confidence to improve the quality of their lives
- introduce women to community resources